Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Redeeming the Time

   I’ve heard this phrase used so many times by pastors and teachers to symbolize that we mustn’t stop a moment to rest this side of heaven, because of all of the unfinished work that is left to be done in our lives on earth.

   It occurred to me that “God is not in a hurry”- most of the time, I see God working through “timely” and thoughtful acts and circumstances, not through “to-do” lists that are hastily accomplished and marked off.. or even left partially done.

   My concern lately is to be more thoughtful in the things that I do, to begin to exercise more wisdom and discernment in HOW I go about doing the things I do, and to ask His help in prioritizing my life.   I acknowledge that a lot of my life’s activity has been random and thoughtless, the mere “running to and fro” and actually accomplishing less and less.

   One version (NIV) translates the words “redeeming the time” as “making the most of every opportunity.”  Let's all seek and pray for each other to do this.
______________________________________________________
 "Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise,   
making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."
(Ephesians 5:15,16)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment